AER 12th Africa Eco Race finishes on the shores of Lac Rose in Senegal
12th AFRICA ECO RACE (Monaco-Dakar)
January 5th-19th, 2020
LEG 12: ST. LOUIS - DAKAR: 291.97km
Liaison: St. Louis - Niokhob: 229.67km
Special: Niokhob – Lac Rose: 21.93km
Liaison: Lac Rose - Dakar: 40.37km
For immediate release
Sunday, January 19th, 2020
12TH AFRICA ECO RACE FINISHES ON THE SHORES OF LAC ROSE IN SENEGAL
DAKAR (SENEGAL): The 12th Africa Eco Race (Monaco-Dakar) reached a spectacular and colourful conclusion on the shores of Lac Rose in Senegal on Sunday.
The battle-weary riders and drivers tackled a short non-competitive stage of 21.93km between Niokhob and Lac Rose before reaching the podium at the end of a gruelling two weeks of competition that took a bumper field in all categories from Monaco and across the Mediterranean Sea for 11 demanding special stages in Morocco, Mauritania and Senegal.
Trophies were presented on the shores of the famous lake that has seen so much cross-country rallying history over the years.
Italy’s Alessandro Botturi claimed his second successive win in the motorcycle category to equal Norwegian rival Pal-Anders Ullesvalseter’s two wins in 2015 and 2016. Great Britain’s Lyndon Poskitt rounded off the podium places.
Patrick and Lucas Martin earned a first ever victory in the car category with their T1 Tarek Mercedes and the Hungarian trio of Miklos Kovacs, Lazlo Acs and Peter Czegledi finished on top in the T4 truck section and second overall in the combined car and truck category. The French pairing of Benoit Fretin and Cédric Duplé celebrated a first success in the SSVs.
2020 AFRICA ECO RACE – FINAL POSITIONS:
1. Alessandro Botturi (ITA) Yamaha 48hr 47min 30sec
2. Pal-Anders Ullesvalseter (NOR) KTM 48hr 51min 29sec
3. Lyndon Poskitt (GBR) KTM 49hr 39min 26sec
4. Paulo Lucci (ITA) Husqvarna 49hr 43min 02sec
5. Martin Benko (SVK) KTM 54hr 11min 17sec
6. Jacek Czachor (POL) KTM 54hr 23min 10sec
7. Matt Sutherland (AUS) KTM 54hr 33min 29sec
8. Konrad Dabrowski (POL) KTM 55hr 23min 37sec
9. Pawel Stasiaczek (POL) KTM 55hr 49min 55sec
10. Giovanni Gritti (ITA) Honda 56hr 24min 33sec, etc
1. Patrick Martin (FRA)/Lucas Martin (FRA) Mercedes (T1) 49hr 15min 11sec
2. Miklos Kovacs, Lazlo Acs Peter Czegledi (HUN) Skania (T4) 50hr 22min 04sec
3. Karoly Fazekas/Albert Horn/Peter Csakany (HUN) Skania (T4) 53hr 58min 21sec
4. Benoit Fretin (FRA)/Cédric Duplé (FRA) Can-Am (SSV) 53hr 58min 53sec
5. Tomas Tomacek (CZE) Tatra (T4) 54hr 27min 30sec
6. Patrice Etienne (FRA)/Jean-Pierre Saint Martin (FRA) Can-Am (SSV) 55hr 41min 28sec
7. Loic Frebourg (FRA)/Franck Boulay (FRA) Can-Am (SSV) 56hr 07min 18sec
8. Noel Essers/Marc Lauwers/Tijs Vranken (BEL) MAN (T4) 56hr 52min 26sec
9. Yves Fromont (FRA)/Jean Fromont (FRA) Buggy (T1) 57hr 34min 00sec
10. Johan Elfrink (NLD)/Dirk Schuttel (NLD) Mercedes (T4) 58hr 23min 03sec
11. Alexey Titov (RUS)/Dmitry Pavlov (RUS) Ford Raptor (T2) 58hr 24min 55sec, etc
For further information about the race, contact the competitors’ department, Tel: 377 640 628603, E-mail: email@example.com. Website: https://www.africarace.com
For further media information: contact Neil Perkins, International Media Relations Officer, 2020 Africa Eco Race, Tel: + 44 7831 123153, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Production and TV rights, contact Anthony, E-mail: Anthony@africarace.com.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AfricaEcoRace