CC South Racing's Rodrigo Gutierrez wins Desafio Ruta 40 Sur
DESAFIO RUTA 40 SUR
2017 Argentine Cross-Country Championship, round 1
April 2-7, 2017
For immediate release
Saturday, April 8th, 2017
SOUTH RACING’S GUTIERREZ WINS DESAFIO RUTA 40 SUR
AFTER SPATARO IS PENALISED FOR ROUTE INFRINGEMENT
LAS GRUTAS (ARGENTINA): South Racing’s Bolivian driver Rodrigo Gutierrez has won the gruelling Desafio Ruta 40 Sur in southern Argentina.
The Toyota Hilux driver completed the five-day in second overall at the finish in Las Grutas on Friday, but he and new South American-based Croatian navigator Tomislav Glavic were promoted to the top spot on the podium when Argentina’s Emiliano Spataro was penalised 10 minutes for missing a route waypoint late on Friday night.
Argentinean Sebastien Halpern and fellow Argentinean Eduardo Pulenta drove a second South Racing Toyota Hilux and led until they broke a drive shaft on the fourth stage. A fastest time on the final selective section enabled them to confirm fourth position.
2017 Desafio Ruta 40 Sur – final positions
1. Rodrigo Gutierrez (BOL)/Tomislav Glavic (HRV) Toyota Hilux 15hr 00min 58sec
2. Emiliano Spataro (ARG)/Santiago Hansen (ARG) Renault Duster 15hr 08min 03sec
3. José Garcia (ARG)/Ricardo Torlaschi (ARG) Chevrolet S10 15hr 47min 35sec
4. Sebastián Halpern (ARG)/Eduardo Pulenta (ARG) Toyota Hilux 17hr 02min 12sec
5. Omar Gandara (ARG)/Mayco Martine (ARG) Toyota Hilux 23hr 35min 26sec
6. Gaston Pasten (ARG)/Federico Echegaray (ARG) Toyota Hilux 25hr 30min 04sec
7. Hernan Brades (ARG)/Juan Spinella (ARG) Yamaha YXZ 1000R 25hr 43min 10sec
8. Jorge Mansilla (ARG)/Ezequie Amendloa (ARG) VW Amarok 29hr 36min 05sec
For further information: contact Scott Abraham, South Racing, Email: Scott.Abraham@southracing.com, Tel: + 49 172 6662880.
Facebook group: South Racing