CSRR Frenchman Lavieille wins Zhangye super special at China Silk Road Rally
China Silk Road Rally 2015
August 26-September 11, 2015
Stage 9: Zhangye - Zhangye, 66.72km
Liaison, 32.33km; stage 2.01km; liaison, 32.38km.
For immediate release
Monday, September 7, 2015
FRENCHMAN LAVIEILLE WINS TELEVISED ZHANGYE
SUPER SPECIAL STAGE AT CHINA SILK ROAD RALLY
· Peterhansel and Monleón maintain car and motorcycle leads after nine stages
· Teams prepare for 10th stage from Zhangye to Jiayuguan on Tuesday morning
ZHANGYE (CHINA): French driver Christian Lavieille gave Haval its second stage victory on the 2015 China Silk Road Rally, when he and navigator Jean-Pierre Garcin won the televised 2.01km super special stage at the Zhangye stadium on Monday.
Damp conditions prevailed for the shortest day of the 13-day rally and Lavieille mastered the slippery track better than the rest to pip rally leader Stéphane Peterhansel to the fastest time by just one second. Action was beamed live around China for one hour by CCTV5.
The leading cars were separated by mere seconds and status quo remained at the head of the leader board, although Dutchman Jan Mooij suffered problems at the end of the special with his repaired McRae Evolution and dropped over a minute to the leaders.
Adrian Di Lallo and Harry Suzuki also experienced technical issues with their Red Earth Motorsport Isuzu MU-X and dropped a further 10 minutes to the front-runners. The Hispanic crew of Leonidas Marmolejo and Maximiliano Blanco completed the stage in 33rd in their 4WD Jaton Racing Team Toyota Hilux and now hold 28th in the overall standings.
Spaniard Armand Monleón Hernandez pipped Su Wen Min to the quickest time in the motorcycle category, but there were no changes to the overall standings, as riders’ attention switched to the remaining four desert stages of the event, which finishes in Dunhuang on Friday. Monleón takes a lead of 38min 11sec into Tuesday’s stage.
The rally is being organised by the China Silk Road Rally Auto Sports Management Company Limited, in association with CCTV Sports and Entertainment Company Ltd. and the Beijing Motorsports Development Company, with the full cooperation of the Federation of Automobile Sports of China (FASC) and the support of the sporting bureaux of several Chinese regions.
Tomorrow (Tuesday), competitors leave Zhangye on a liaison of 54.05km to the start of a 175.89km special stage at Pingshan Lake. The special finishes in Gaotal and a second liaison of 191.10km guides teams to the bivouac at the Xuanbi Great Wall in Jiayuguan.
Jiayuguan City is a prefecture-level city in the northwest of Gansu province and is most noted for the nearby Jiayu Pass, the largest and most intact pass on the western end of the Great Wall of China.
UNOFFICIAL @ 12.00hrs (CET)
2015 China Silk Road Rally – positions on SS9 (Cars):
1. Christian Lavieille (FRA)/Jean-Pierre Garcin (FRA) Haval 1min 16sec
2. Stéphane Peterhansel (FRA)/Jean-Paul Cottret (FRA) Peugeot 2008 DKR 1min 17sec
3. Lui Kun (CHN)/Liao Min (CHN) Mitsubishi Panda MPR11 1min 18sec
4. Han Wei (CHN)/Pan Hong Yu (CHN) Haval 1min 19sec
5. Liu Yan Gui (CHN)/Sha He (CHN) Mitsubishi Panda L200 1min 20sec
6. Cyril Despres (FRA)/David Castera (FRA) Peugeot 2008 DKR 1min 23sec
2015 China Silk Road Rally – positions on SS9 (Bikes):
1. Armand Monleón Hernandez (ESP) KTM 450 Rally 1min 25sec
2. Su Wen Min (CHN) Jincheng 450Y Rally 1min 32sec
3. Hu Ai Dong (CHN) Bombardier 1000 1min 33sec
4. Zhao Hong Yi (CHN) KTM 450 Rally 1min 41sec
4. Li Haiping (CHN) Yamaha WR450F 1min 41sec
2015 China Silk Road Rally – overall positions after SS9 (Cars):
1. Stéphane Peterhansel (FRA)/Jean-Paul Cottret (FRA) Peugeot 2008 DKR 15hr 00min 22sec
2. Cyril Despres (FRA)/David Castera (FRA) Peugeot 2008 DKR 15hr 23min 21sec
3. Han Wei (CHN)/Pan Hong Yu (CHN) Haval 15hr 42min 12sec
4. Christian Lavieille (FRA)/Jean-Pierre Garcin (FRA) Haval 15hr 43min 32sec
5. Lui Kun (CHN)/Liao Min (CHN) Mitsubishi Pajero MPR11 16hr 13min 23sec
6. Gong Liangliang (CHN)/Xu Duoduo (CHN) Mitsubishi MPR13 18hr 23min 01sec
2015 China Silk Road Rally – overall positions after SS9 (Bikes):
1. Armand Monleón Hernandez (ESP) KTM 450 Rally 18hr 09min 25sec
2. Su Wen Min (CHN) Jincheng 450Y Rally 18hr 47min 36sec
3. Zhao Hong Yi (CHN) KTM 450 Rally 20hr 45min 51sec
4. Zhou Tien (CHN) Jincheng 450Y Rally 21hr 00min 09sec
5. Hu Ai Dong (CHN) Bombardier 1000 21hr 34min 21sec
For further media information: Hubert Auriol, Email: email@example.com or Neil Perkins, NDP Publicity Services, Tel: + 44 7831 123153 and Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook: China Grand Rally
Website: www.chinagrandrally.com and http://en.chinagrandrally.com/
part 1: http://sports.cntv.cn/2015/08/12/VIDE1439379243433553.shtml
part 2: http://sports.cntv.cn/2015/08/19/VIDE1439983923864160.shtml
Stage 1: http://tv.cntv.cn/video/C16624/07fd1c6a7ce5468891789a11676a3a54
Stage 2: http://tv.cntv.cn/video/C16624/58c2ff6edabe499e8be1b58286d4fc9c
Stage 3: http://tv.cntv.cn/video/C16624/59e2339ccc824cd5bf8d4e6d930d122a
Stage 4: http://tv.cntv.cn/video/C16624/ad1455d24f7c4325b84d9a321b7397a5
Stage 5: http://tv.cntv.cn/video/C16624/b7ffe8609cbb48b4ba7b5a9840ba8f39