SBI Hectic weekend of races in Sarasota and Madison for QMSF
SUPER BOAT INTERNATIONAL 2013
29th Annual Suncoast Super Boat Grand Prix Festival, Sarasota –July 5-7, 2013
For immediate release
Wednesday, July 3rd, 2013
QMSF FACES WEEKEND OF AMERICAN
RACES IN SARASOTA AND MADISON
· Al-Neama and Al-Nasser set for Superboat class action in Florida
· Kip Brown set for Madison Regatta challenge in Spirit of Qatar 95
SARASOTA (Florida, USA): Qatar’s Ali Al-Neama and Mohammed Al-Nasser continue their quest for honours in Spirit of Qatar 20 in the competitive Superboat class at this weekend 29th Annual Suncoast Super Boat Grand Prix Festival at Sarasota in Florida.
The Qatar duo currently hold fourth in the unofficial points standings behind WHM Motorsports, Team Stihl and JD Byrider and will be hoping to take a podium finish in Florida, as they gain more seat time together in an American racing environment.
Registration and inspections for the fourth round of Super Boat International (SBI) take place on Friday, July 5th in Sarasota and teams will be permitted on to the water for testing on Saturday afternoon. Race one will start from Lido Beach at 11.00hrs (18.00hrs Qatar time) on Sunday and the second race fires into life at 13.00hrs (20.00hrs Qatar time).
Capping a hectic weekend’s racing for the Qatar Marine Sports Federation (QMSF), which runs under the presidency of His Excellency Sheikh Hassan bin Jabor Al-Thani, Kip Brown will represent the Spirit of Qatar Team at the Madison Regatta in Indiana at the helm of his Ellstrom Racing hydroplane, Spirit of Qatar 95.
Brown finished fourth at the recent H1 Unlimited race in California and will be hoping to reach the podium in a championship where Steve David and Jimmy Shane have made the early running and Shane leads by just 23 points in the National High Points standings after races in Doha and Sacramento.
H1 Unlimited qualifying and race heats take place on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, before the final on Sunday afternoon.
2013 Super Boat International
Superboat class – positions after race 3 (unofficial):
1. WHM Motorsports 1615 pts
2. Team Stihl 1472 pts
3. JD Byrider 998 pts
4. Spirit of Qatar 20 787 pts
5. Team CRC 752 pts
6. Ricks Collision 356 pts
7. Warpaint 331 pts
2013 H1 Unlimited Championship - positions after round two
1. 5 Jimmy Shane Graham Trucking 3275 points
2. 1 Steve David Oh Boy! Oberto 3252 points
3. 9 Jon Zimmerman Jones Racing 2568 points
4. 95 Kip Brown Spirit of Qatar 2187 points
5. 37 J. Michael Kelly Beacon Plumbing 2070 points
6. 57 Mark Evans Formulaboats.com/Fedco 1911 points
7. 11 Tom Thompson Miss Peters & May 875 points
8. 99/100 Ryan Mallow Leland Unlimited 563 points
9. 14 Greg Hopp Centurion Racing 507 points
10. 22 Mike Webster Webster Racing 423 points
11. 21 Brian Perkins Go Fast Turn Left 265 points
For further information:
Neil Perkins, NDP Publicity Services, Mobile: + 44 7831 123153, E-mail:
www.ndp-publicity.com (press releases).