WRC Nasser Saleh Al-Attiyah excluded from Rally Guanajuato Rally Mexico
NEWS UPDATE – NEWS UPDATE – NEWS UPDATE – NEWS UPDATE
RALLY GUANAJUATO MEXICO, March 3rd-6th, 2011
2011 FIA World Rally Championship, round 2
For immediate release
Sunday, March 6th, 2011 – 17.25hrs
QATAR’S NASSER SALEH AL-ATTIYAH EXCLUDED FROM
RALLY GUANAJUATO MEXICO BY EVENT STEWARDS
LEÓN (Mexico): Qatar’s Nasser Saleh Al-Attiyah and Italian co-driver Giovanni Bernacchini were excluded from the results of Rally Guanajuato Mexico 2011 after post-event scrutineering and the subsequent FIA Stewards’ meeting.
Their Autotek Ford Fiesta S2000 was found to have contravened Article 253-3.4 from Appendix 3 concerning fuel cell ventilation.
The valve fitted on the fuel cell ventilation line for Car 23 (Al-Attiyah) is NOT complying with article 253-3.4.
The Stewards decided, after due deliberation, to exclude Al-Attiyah (Car 23) from the event. Article 27.2.1 of the FIA WRC Sporting Regulations clearly state that the entrant is responsible for the technical conformity.
Team manager Ken Skidmore has confirmed that he will not appeal against this decision.
The Czech crew of Martin Prokop and Jan Tomanek were, therefore, awarded maximum points and victory on the first round of the 2011 Super 2000 (SWRC) World Rally Championship. Juho Hänninen and Mikko Markkula climbed to second overall.
Positions after SS22 – End of Day 3 (17.10hrs)
1. Sébastien Loeb (F)/Daniel Elena (MC) Citroën DS3 WRC 3h 53m 17.0s
2. Mikko Hirvonen (FIN)/Jarmo Lehtinen (FIN) Ford Fiesta RS WRC 3h 54m 55.4s
3. Jari-Matti Latvala (FIN)/Miikka Anttila (FIN) Ford Fiesta RS WRC 3h 55m 40.9s
4. Petter Solberg (N)/Chris Patterson (GB) Citroën DS3 WRC 4h 00m 35.4s
5. Mads Ostberg (N)/Jonas Andersson (N) Ford Fiesta RS WRC 4h 02m 00.5s
6. Henning Solberg (N)/Ilka Minor (A) Ford Fiesta RS WRC 4h 03m 07.0s
7. Martin Prokop (CZ)/Jan Tománek (CZ) Ford Fiesta S2000 4h 06m 52.0s
8. Juho Hänninen (FIN)/Mikko Markkula (FIN) Skoda Fabia S2000 4h 08m 05.7s
9. Federico Villagra (RA)/Jorge Pérez Companc (RA) Ford Fiesta RS WRC 4h 41m 34.2s
10. Ott Tanak (EE)/Kuldar Sikk (EE) Ford Fiesta S2000 4h 46m 59.8s
For further media information:
2011 Guanajuato Rally Mexico Media Centre, Poliforum Expo Centre, León, Mexico, Tel: + 52 (477) 711-1475 or + 52 (477) 771-5365, E-mail: email@example.com.